DATE ISSUED: February 2017
FAMILY TENANCY SUPPORT WORKER
ACCOUNTABLE TO: DEPT: EC ROBERTS CENTRE
Tenancy Support Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR – WHICH PERSONS/HOW MANY
OVERALL AIM OF THE JOB
1) To reduce the incidences of homelessness by supporting people to learn skills necessary in order to independently maintain their homes.
2) To work with vulnerable families and individuals using a client centred approach to assess their immediate and long-term support needs.
3) To offer practical advice, guidance and support to enable clients to meet agreed objectives. To ensure all families/individuals needs are met through effective multi agency working.
4) To develop support plans and risk assessments with clients and regularly review these documents in order to ensure progress and identify unmet need.
5) To be a committed member of the E.C. Roberts Centre Family Services Team.
DELEGATED AUTHORITY SPECIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- a) Act as a member of the staff team in co-operation with officers – attending meetings as required.
- b) Undertake any additional activities reasonably required by the Child Contact and Tenancy Support Manager.
- c) Comply with and implement Standing Orders.
- d) Comply with ECRC policy with respect to all policies and procedures.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of service through active participation of formal service reviews. Show personal initiative in improving service delivery.
- To report any child protection concerns to your line manager (the Child Contact and Tenancy Support Manager) and comply with the Child Protection/Safeguarding policies.
- To demonstrate a commitment to the Safeguarding of children and promotion of their wellbeing and integrated working, at a level appropriate to the role.