This Big Energy Saving Week
Did you come along to our drop in session on Friday from 1pm til 2.30pm at Crasswell Street and get some help to complete a price comparison for your energy bills. Check out some tips on energy saving below and have a go at a price comparison using the online tool.
Looking for ideas on how to save energy and reduce your costs? Check out our tips and hints provided by the experts who run Big Energy Saving Week.
- Reduce your washing by one load a week and only fill the kettle with the amount of water you need. You could save around £36 per year doing this.
- Spend one minute less in the shower each day and a family of four could save £75 a year on energy and water bills.
- Did you know that turning appliances off of standby mode can save you £30 a year? Remember not to leave your mobiles and laptops charging unnecessarily too.
- Turning down your Thermostat by just one degree can save you as much as 10% off your energy bills. Just remember to keep the heating on when it’s cold because cold homes can damage your health.
- Don’t forget to check with your electricity provider to see if you qualify for the Warm Home Discount. If you are receiving the eligible benefits you could receive a rebate of £140.
For more hints and tips on how to save energy and reduce your costs check out the Big Energy Saving Week campaign details at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/our-campaigns/all-our-current-campaigns/besw/