An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Adept Support Worker within our charity based in Portsmouth. The Roberts Centre enjoys an enviable reputation for its work with families and children and has achieved national recognition for its high quality services and range of programmes.
ADEPT SUPPORT WORKER
39 hours (to be worked flexibly/ to include evenings and weekends)
Portsmouth and the surrounding area
£20,886 – £21,984 (dependant of experience)
The Adept Service provides bespoke support to Parents who are facing having their child taken into the Care of the Local Authority or who have had a child/ren taken into care previously. The post holder will work with the Parent/s to support them through the process and assist them with accessing support for the emotional and practical impact. The aim of the scheme is to work alongside Parent/s on the journey, for them to learn new skills and behaviours, build resilience, confidence and address issues that undermine their ability to demonstrate good enough parenting.
This role will require:
- The ability to assess individuals immediate, short term and long term needs
- The ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of safeguarding children and adults, promotion of their wellbeing and multi-agency working
- Car drivers with motor insurance cover for business purposes
- Highly driven individuals who share our values and who have the passion to help us to improve the lives of Children and Families.
- A background of having worked within a social care setting with an emphasis on parenting and childcare.
- Participation in the external University evaluation process.
Successful applicant will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Certificate. DBS expense will be met by The Roberts Centre.
Closing date: Friday 6th January
Assessments & Interviews: Friday 13th January 2017
Application packs are available on: http://www.robertscentre.org.uk/get-involved/work-with-us/ or emailing email@example.com
or by telephoning Lin Kitchener, HR Manager on 02392 296919
Please note, we do not accept CVs.