Advice to those who have traveled recently:
Public Health England has changed the advice for individuals who have traveled recently as follows:
Travelers from Wuhan and Hubei Province
If you have traveled from Wuhan or Hubei Province to the UK in the last 14 days you should immediately:
• stay indoors and avoid contact with other people as you would with the flu • call NHS 111 to inform them of your recent travel to the area
Please follow this advice even if you do not have symptoms of the virus.
Travellers from other parts of China and other specified areas
This advice applies to travellers who have returned to the UK from the following areas:
• Elsewhere in China • Thailand • Japan • Republic of Korea
• Hong Kong • Taiwan • Singapore • Malaysia • Macau
If you have returned to the UK from any of these areas in the last 14 days and develop symptoms of cough or fever or shortness of breath, you should immediately:
Stay indoors and avoid contact with other people as you would with the flu
Call NHS 111 to inform them of your recent travel to the country
Encouraging good hygiene
As always, if you have symptoms of a cold or flu, then there are measures you can take to stop germs:
• Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands. • Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
• Updates on Coronavirus:
- Travel advice for those travelling and living overseas: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus • Public Health England blog: